Saturday 19 June 2010

Transition - upwards and onwards

The annual Transition Conference took place last weekend at a beautiful old agricultural college - Seale Hayne - near Newton Abbot in Devon (see photo below and note the "green wall"!). It took me a few days to recover from the intellectual overload of having to take part in thoughtful workshops and discussions for three days solid. But what a joy to be with so many people who genuinely care.

We now have seven Transition groups in Camden: Belsize, Bloomsbury, Fitzrovia, Hampstead, Kentish Town, Kings Cross and Primrose Hill. Word reached me today of moves to start Transition Fortune Green. And I'm on to someone who I think will be a great motivator for a Transition West Hampstead. It's an amazing movement and I'm incredibly proud to be part of it. For more on the Transition movement click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment